Kephera’s antibody test is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) to detect the presence of COVID-19 (aka SARS-CoV-2) antibodies in serum or plasma. The presence of these antibodies indicates prior exposure to COVID-19 whether you had symptoms or not. The test does not diagnose an active infection. Typically, you will develop antibodies within one to two weeks after initial infection. It is not yet clear how long antibodies continue to be detectable in people who have been infected though current data suggests at least a few months if not more.
- Informs you whether you have previously been infected with COVID-19, regardless of whether you had symptoms or not
- Not a diagnostic test for an active infection
- This is a blood test
- Available to anyone – all you need is a doctor’s prescription for the test
- Turnaround time: less than 48 hours
- Results by email, fax or phone
- Check if you are qualified for this test here